Military service members and their families make sacrifices everyday. Therefore, we enjoy many freedoms here in the U.S. This is why thousands of stores in the United States offer military discounts. Some deals are just for active service members. However, some are for veterans, and military family members as well.
Below are the National Discounts. You can go through all of them at once or search by category to quickly find the discount that you need.
GUIDELINES FOR RECEIVING DISCOUNTS
- Most discounts are only available to current military members. However, some discounts are extended to all veterans around major military holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July or Veteran’s Day).
- Valid ID usually required. Most discounts only apply if you have a valid ID – usually a current Military ID Card or a veteran card.
- Other forms of ID may be acceptable. Commonly used ID cards and proof of military service include: VA health care card, VA issued ID Card, state drivers license with a veterans designation, a Veterans Organization Card (e.g., DAV, American Legion, VFW, etc.), DD214, or other form of identification may work.
- Most discounts aren’t publicized
Some military discounts include products or services you can get for free. For example, Active-duty military members and their dependents are eligible for the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass for free.
DISCOUNTS FOR MILITARY SPOUSES
There are numerous discounts available. Some are advertised but, some are little known secrets that are revealed only when requested. Some expire, some are seasonal, and some last forever. Moreover, there are some that are perfect for military spouses.
Here’s a list of military deals and discounts that spouses love:
- Disney’s Armed Forces Salute program. Military personnel can get reduced tickets to Disney theme parks. Further, they can get a lower rate on select rooms at Disney Resort hotels. In addition, these deals are good for military spouses of eligible service members even without the member being present.
- Amusement parks, for example, LegoLand and Cedar Point are a fun way for military families to spend time together. Do you have an amusement park in your area? Make sure to ask if they offer a discount.
- Clothes, shoes, and accessories from stores like Kohl’s, Zappos, and Vera Bradley.
- Spouses can shop at Michaels and JOANN Fabrics for discounts on just about any crafting needs you can think of.
- Lots of restaurants offer military spouse discounts like Ryans, and Red Lobster. In addition, local restaurants do as well. You will find these in the “community” section for your base. Some chain restaurants may offer a military appreciation night or a discount. To clarify, check your location.
- Spouses love the 10% year-round military discounts offered at both Home Depot and Lowes.
- Some cruise lines like MSC Cruises and Disney Cruises offer special pricing for military families. Consequently, it’s more affordable than you think.
- A night out at the movies? Don’t forget your military ID because many movie theaters, like Cinemark and Regal offer reduced ticket prices.