Camp Pendleton Air National Guard Base

203rd RED HORSE Squadron

203 RED HORSE Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23451

ABOUT

Camp Pendleton is a 325-acre state military reservation in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It is named after Brigadier General William N. Pendleton, who served as Robert E. Lee’s chief of artillery during the Civil War. It is located on the Atlantic coast just east of Naval Air Station Oceana. Camp Pendleton’s primary purpose is the training of personnel and organizations of the Virginia National Guard, the National Guard units from other states, and components of the U.S. Armed Forces. State and local civilian agencies also conduct training here. The facilities at Camp Pendleton include a small arms range, helicopter landing strip, classrooms, barracks, dining halls, maintenance garages, training fields, and a chapel.

The 203rd RED HORSE unit is responsible for Ground Support Mission at Camp Pendleton. Air Guard activities that don’t directly involve flight are typically encompassed by the Ground Support Mission including jobs that involve building infrastructure, defusing explosives, or providing on-base security.

 

203rd RED HORSE (Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operational Repair Squadron Engineers) Squadron is a rapidly deployable, self-sufficient, highly professional, technically proficient engineering and construction force. This unit represents an exponential leap in war-fighting capabilities, responsible environmental awareness, and excellence in state-of-the-art engineering construction and management techniques. .

Previous
Next

ARRIVAL

Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) is the public transportation provider for the region. In Virginia Beach​, HRT operates several bus routes and the VB Wave. Wave shuttles are an easy way to get around the Virginia Beach oceanfront and make stops along Atlantic Avenue, the Virginia Aquarium, Ocean Breeze Water Park, the Holiday Trav-L-Park and the KOA campgrounds on General Booth Boulevard and the Shops at Hilltop.

 

Bus routes

Resources

TRICARE Information and News

 

For a full list of community health centers, visit the Health Center Program at https://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/.

 

Check the US News Health directory online at https://health.usnews.com/doctors/search to find the best doctor for your family.

 

The American Dental Association provides a list of dentists near you on their website https://findadentist.ada.org/.

FOR THE CHILDREN
 

Virginia’s compulsory attendance law states that all children who are 5 years old on or before September 30 of the school year must attend school. This could include public school, private school, a public or private preschool program, a private tutor, or home instruction.

 

In 2010, the majority of states, the District of Columbia, and the Department of Defense Education Activity adopted Common Core State Standards that provide a consistent set of educational expectations for students, regardless of ZIP code. When a family moves, a student’s education is often disrupted because the student may be forced to repeat material or learn at a different level at the new school. With common standards across states, this disruption will be reduced — of particular interest to military families. For more information, visit http://www.corestandards.org/.

 

Virginia Beach School District

 

If your child is preparing to attend college, this information on scholarships may be helpful.

 
FOR THE SERVICE MEMBER
 

Current service members can attend college in their off-duty time and have their military branch pay the tuition. Learn about the Military Tuition Assistance Program. Use the Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE tool to help you make the best use of your tuition assistance dollars.

 

​If you were or are in the military, you may be eligible for Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits. If you are a spouse or dependent, you may be eligible too.

 

Online course options: edX – Founded by Harvard University and MIT, offers high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere. Whether you are interested in computer science, languages, engineering, psychology, writing, electronics, biology, or marketing. Enroll today!

When moving to a new location, it is important to know who to call when you have an emergency or you need help. Below are some organizations you will find useful.

 

Child Care Aware:

Under the site’s “Child Care 101” tab you’ll find information related to locating quality child care, the types of child care available to you and how to evaluate the child care providers you visit. There’s also a special section for the military child on the website covering topics such as military fee assistance, payments and provider services.

 

Military Children and Teens Resource Guide

 

Virginia Department of Human Services 757-664-6000
Helps families live safe, healthy and successful lives. It fulfills this mission by providing children, youth, families and adults care, services and treatment to thrive in their homes and communities.

 

Virginia Beach Children Services 757-385-4537
Strives to create communities where children grow up safe from abuse, neglect and dependency, where adults are protected from domestic violence and where parents can be strengthened in their capacity to keep their family safe.

 

Virginia Beach Animal Services 757-385-4444
Handles pet adoptions, pet licensing, lost and found animals, and more.

 

Virginia Beach Dept of Public Health 757-518-2700

 

Highway Patrol 757-424-6788

 

Resident Information

Billeting and Cottages 757-493-3125

 

Post Headquarters 757-493-3122

 

Training Facilities 757-493-3121

Housing

On-Post housing at Camp Pendleton is not available.

Submit information about your neighborhood

We vet for Vets

Report To Base is the #1 site for vetted military friendly realtors that work with active duty, are well versed in VA purchases and virtual tours. We feature mortgage brokers who specialize in VA loans with competitive rates so you do not have to shop for low rates we do it for you. All our home inspectors are VA friendly and are backed by our community. At Report To Base we do all the work for you. All you have to do is click and call.

Be sure to let our partners know you found them at Report to Base!

Report to Base is the #1 site for vetted, trustworthy realtors, mortgage brokers and home inspectors. Report To Base does all the hard work for you. All you have to do is click and call.

Be sure to let our partners know you found them at Report to Base!

Community

In Virginia Beach, the summers are warm and muggy, the winters are very cold and windy, and it is wet and partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 34°F to 87°F and is rarely below 23°F or above 93°F.

 

The hot season lasts for 3.5 months, from June 2 to September 16, with an average daily high temperature above 79°F. The hottest day of the year is July 19, with an average high of 87°F and low of 73°F. The cool season lasts for 3.2 months, from December 5 to March 11, with an average daily high temperature below 57°F. The coldest day of the year is January 29, with an average low of 34°F and high of 49°F.

 

The wetter season lasts 3.2 months, from May 22 to August 28, with a greater than 33% chance of a given day being a wet day. The chance of a wet day peaks at 45% on August 5. The drier season lasts 8.8 months, from August 28 to May 22. The smallest chance of a wet day is 22% on October 20.

Compared to other cities in Virginia and cities across the country, the cost of living index in Virginia Beach, VA is 118, which is 10% higher than the Virginia average and 18% higher than that for the entire country.

Goods and services that are a necessity regardless of location provide an accurate general sense of the cost of living in one city versus another. The cost of retail goods and services in Virginia Beach, VA are 11% higher than the average for Virginia and 10% higher than the rest of the country.

The Virginia Beach area showcases one of the most spectacular National Wildlife Refuges in Virginia. Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge is on the Atlantic coast in the southeastern corner of Virginia. The refuge is an important link in the system of National Wildlife Refuges administered by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

 

A 3-mile boardwalk stretches along the beach-lined oceanfront. The bayside First Landing State Park marks the 1607 arrival of the Jamestown colonists from England. The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center exhibits ocean life including sharks, rays and sea turtles in globally themed habitats.

 

The Commonwealth of Virginia offers to the military family or individual a vivid course in the history of the South, the War Between the States and the American Revolution. Historical sites for these conflicts are all within a weekend driving distance of Virginia Beach.

Local Churches

Join our community

Receive great PCS tips and additional resources