Resources – USCG Training Center Petaluma

Coast Guard anchors

USCG Training Center Petaluma


599 Tomales Road, Petaluma, CA 94952


TRICARE Information and news
For a full list of community health centers in Alabama, visit the Alabama Primary Health Care Association website at
Check the US News Health directory online at
 to find the best doctor for your family. 
The American Dental Association provides a list of dentists near you on their website at


The Petaluma City School District offers both kindergarten and transitional kindergarten.
If your child turns 5 years old on or before September 1st, they should enroll in kindergarten. Kindergarten is a 1 year program to prepare students for 1st grade.


If your child turns 5 slightly later, between September 1st and December 1st, they are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten (TK!)! If your child turns 5 even later, between December 1st and August 1st, they might be eligible for TK! TK is a publicly funded program that delivers developmentally appropriate curriculum. It is part of a 2-year program to prepare students for 1st grade.


Petaluma City Schools
Liberty Elementary
Kenilworth Junior High School
Casa Grande High School


If your child is preparing to attend college, this information on scholarships may be helpful. 

Current service members can attend college in their off-duty time and have their military branch pay the tuition.
Use the Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE tool to help you make the best use of your tuition assistance dollars.
​If you were or are in the military, you may be eligible for Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits. If you are a spouse or dependent, you may be eligible too.
Online course options: edX – Founded by Harvard University and MIT, offers high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.  Whether you are interested in computer science, languages, engineering, psychology, writing, electronics, biology, or marketing.  Enroll today!


When moving to a new location, it is important to know who to call when you have an emergency or you need help. Below are some organizations you will find useful.


Child Care Aware:
Under the site’s “Child Care 101” tab you’ll find information related to locating quality child care, the types of child care available to you and how to evaluate the child care providers you visit.


There’s also a special section for the military child on the website covering topics such as military fee assistance, payments and provider services.


Department of Health Services (707) 565-4700
The County of Sonoma is comprised of 26 departments and agencies that provide a full range of services to the community.


Child and Family Services (707) 565-4300
The Family, Youth and Children’s Division partners with community members, families and professionals who work with youth, to ensure the safety and well-being of all Sonoma County children.


Humane Society of Sonoma County (707) 542-0882
A little love goes a long way and getting involved is easy! Volunteer, donate, attend an event – why not right now? With your support, every animal has a future.


California Highway Patrol (707) 588-1400