Coast Guard anchors

USCG ISC Miami

Sector Charleston, Sector St. Petersburg, Air Station Clearwater, Sector Key West, Sector Miami, Sector Jacksonville, Air Station Savannah, Air Station Miami, Air Station Borinquen, Sector San Juan
100 MacArthur Causeway, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Weather/Climate
In Miami, the summers are hot, oppressive, wet, and mostly cloudy and the winters are comfortable, humid, windy, and mostly clear. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 62°F to 90°F and is rarely below 50°F or above 92°F.

 

The hot season lasts for 3.8 months, from June 5 to September 30, with an average daily high temperature above 87°F. The hottest day of the year is August 9, with an average high of 90°F and low of 79°F.

 

The cool season lasts for 3.0 months, from December 6 to March 6, with an average daily high temperature below 78°F. The coldest day of the year is January 17, with an average low of 62°F and high of 76.

 

The wetter season lasts 4.7 months, from May 22 to October 14, with a greater than 38% chance of a given day being a wet day. The chance of a wet day peaks at 62% on August 24.

 

The drier season lasts 7.3 months, from October 14 to May 22. The smallest chance of a wet day is 15% on January 31.

Miami Beach
Miami Harbor

Cost of Living
The overall cost of living index in Miami, FL is 109, which is 10% higher than the Florida average and 9% higher than the national average. The cost of living index is created from the following categories: goods/services (33%), groceries (13%), health care (5%), housing (30%), transportation (9%) and utilities (10%). As you can see, goods/services and housing make up the majority of the overall cost of living index. Everyday goods and services can be a good indicator of the general cost of goods in a given city. In this case, the goods and services in Miami, FL are 3% higher than the Florida average and 1% higher than the national average.

Getting to Know the Area
Miami has plenty of recreational opportunities available to you. No visit to Miami can be considered complete without a stop at South Beach – the quintessential Miami hot spot. From shopping to partying, this area of Miami Beach is well-known for being a trendy locale. Depending on your personal tastes, you might enjoy spending a full weekend touring South Beach, stay at one of the best hotels in South Beach, take a South Beach walking tour, explore the Art Deco architecture of the area or party all night with the Miami Beach nightlife.

 

With 1.5 million acres of swamps, saw-grass prairies, and sub-tropical jungles, Everglades National Park is one of the most unusual public parks in the United States. Located on the southern tip of Florida, the park is home to 14 rare and endangered species – including the American Crocodile, the Florida Panther, and the West Indian Manatee. A significant portion of the park is primitive, explored only by adventurists and researchers, but visitors have ample opportunity to walk, camp and canoe.

 

Zoo Miami is fast becoming one of the best zoos in the nation, and it probably stands out from other zoos you’ve been to—the exhibits here are entirely cage-free – making it one of the first free-range zoos in the country. Miami’s climate allows it to keep a wide variety of animals from Asia, Australia, and Africa – like no other zoo in the country. Animals are grouped according to their geographic territory, and animals that live together peacefully in the wild are placed in exhibits together.

 

The Miami Seaquarium is located right in the middle of the tourist area on the causeway between downtown Miami and Key Biscayne. You’ll want to spend at least a half-day at this one-of-a-kind outdoor aquarium, which is home to dolphins, sea turtles, manatees and more.

Events

Check out these websites for a list of all of the great events going on in the area.  

PurchaseTix
Marlins Park Miami, FL
Zoo Miami
Everglades National Park