Watervliet Arsenal Army Base
Army Materiel Command, TACOM LCMC
1 Buffington Street, Watervliet, NY 12189-4050
Watervliet Arsenal is an arsenal of the United States Army located in Watervliet, New York, on the west bank of the Hudson River near the state capital of Albany, NY. It is the oldest continuously active arsenal in the United States, and produces much of the artillery for the army, as well as gun tubes for cannons, mortars, and tanks. It has been a National Historic Landmark since 1966.
Watervliet Arsenal is relied upon to produce today’s most advanced, high-tech, high-powered weaponry for cannons, howitzers and mortars. The Watervliet Arsenal maintains a long heritage of being recognized as the premier manufacturer of the finest artillery in the world. The Watervliet Arsenal is also the home to the Army’s Benét Laboratories, which is the Army’s premier research and design facility for large caliber weapons.
- Head southeast on NY-155 E toward Albany International Airport
- Continue onto Albany Shaker Rd
- Turn left to merge onto I-87 N
- Merge onto I-87 N
- Take exit 7 for NY-7 E toward Troy/Cohoes
- Continue onto NY-7 E
- Take the Interstate 787 exit toward NY-787/Albany/Cohoes/New York Thruway
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-787 S/Albany/Watervliet and merge onto I-787 S
- Take exit 8 for 23rd St toward Green Island/Watervliet
- Turn right onto 23rd St
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Broadway
- Turn right onto 8th St
- Turn right on restricted road
- Turn left onto Westervelt Ave and destination is on left
3,000 Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, civilian and family members.