Camp Swift Army Base
136th Combat Arms Training Regiment, Texas National Guard Training Center of Excellence
1705 Highway 95 N, Bastrop, Texas
Camp Swift is a military installation in Bastrop, Texas, just east of Austin, and spans across 12 square miles. The installation resides mainly in the Oak Woods part of Bastrop County and includes some of the prairies in the natural surrounding areas. Bastrop, Texas is apart of the Greater Metropolitan area of Austin. The camp has consistently been used as a storage and training facility and is comprised of buildings ranging from warehouses to recreational spaces to artillery ranges, barracks and storage tank structures.
The closest airport is Austin-Bergstrom International Airport located 31.5 miles from base.
Directions from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Head southwest on Presidential Blvd
- Slight right toward Hotel Dr
- Turn right onto Hotel Dr
- Turn right onto Spirit of Texas Dr
- Turn right toward E State Hwy 71 Service Rd
- Slight right onto E State Hwy 71 Service Rd
- Use the right lane to take the ramp onto TX-71 E
- Merge onto TX-71 E
- Keep left to continue on TX-71 E/Bastrop Fwy and Continue to follow TX-71 E
- Keep right and use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto TX-95 N/Jackson St. Continue to follow TX-95 N
- Turn right onto Lba Dr
- Turn left onto Cool Water Dr
- Turn right onto Indian Oak Dr
- Turn left onto Green Valley Dr
There are 6,282 Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, military families, DoD personnel, civilians, and retirees assigned to Camp Swift.