U.S. Army Natick Soldier Systems Center
USAG-Natick, United States Army Research, Development, and Engineering Command
10 General Greene Avenue, Natick, MA 01760
Natick Soldier Systems Center (NSSC) is a United States Army facility is located in Natick, Massachusetts. Natick is one of the western suburbs of Boston and is approximately 18 miles from downtown. The installation is primarily a research laboratory situated on a compact seventy-eight acre campus. The U.S. Army Natick Soldier Systems Center (NSSC) is a Department of Defense installation with the mission to protect and sustain America’s military forces. NSSC is responsible for the technology, research, development, engineering, fielding, and sustainment of our military’s food, clothing, shelters, airdrop systems, and Soldier support items. NSSC also has the lead for Soldier integration for the U.S. Army.
The installation is small so it does not have the typical range of support services found on larger installations. For example, there is no school and no Child Development Center on the installation. The nearest commissary is twenty miles away at Hanscom Air Force Base. However, the installation is situated in a beautiful location with a small housing area, is served by some of the best public schools in the country, and is next door to one Boston, of the most historic and vibrant cities in the nation.
The closest airport is Logan International Airport located 25.2 miles from base.
Directions from Logan Airport to NSSC
- Head northeast on Airport Rd Terminal C – Departure Level and Continue straight onto Airport Rd – Departure Level
- Use the left lane to stay on Airport Rd – Departure Level
- Use the middle lane to stay on Airport Rd – Departure Level
- Use the right lane to take the Interstate 90 W/Williams Tunnel/Mass Pike ramp to Boston/Interstate 93 S (Toll Road)
- Merge onto I-90 W
- Take exit 13 to merge onto MA-30 E/Cochituate Rd toward Natick
- Merge onto MA-30 E/Cochituate Rd
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Speen St
- Slight left (signs for MA-9 E/Boston)
- Slight right onto MA-9 E
- Exit onto MA-27 S toward Natick/Sherborn
- Turn right onto General Greene Ave/Kansas St
- Slight left onto Kansas Lower Enterance Ln
- Turn left onto 4th Ave
- Turn left at C St and destination is on the right
Upon arrival at Natick Soldier Systems Center for in-processing, check in at Command Welcome Center where newcomers will be introduced via several briefing meetings. All newcomers have quarters arranged in either the SSC housing areas or private apartments or homes. The billets are available only for single soldiers. Bring copies of your original orders, service records including medical and dental records and receipts or documents for travel claims. In-processing may take several days, so make sure and bring enough uniforms to complete the process. For more specific information about in-processing procedures at Natick Soldier Systems Center, call 508-233-4798.
3,000 Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, family members, civilians, and retirees