Milan Army Ammunition Plant
Joint Munitions Command
2280 TN-104, Milan, TN 38358
Milan Army Ammunition Plant (MLAAP) is an ammunition plant of the United States Army near Milan, Tennessee and approximately 23 miles north of Jackson, Tennessee. MLAAP is housed on 22,357 acres with 1,450 buildings, 873 igloos, and a storage capacity of 2,270,000 square feet.
The Capabilities of the plant include: load, assemble and pack ammunition; 40 mm cartridges; mortars and components; artillery projectiles; ignition cartridges; propelling charges; bursters; grenades; Tactical Missile System; demilitarization/disposal; renovation/reclamation; development and production test support; and logistical support.
The closest airport is Memphis Airport located approximately 105 miles from the Ammunition Plant.
Directions from Memphis Airport:
- Head east (0.4 mi)
- Continue straight onto Jim McGehee Pkwy/Memphis Int Airport Rd (0.2 mi)
- Take the ramp to Jim McGehee Pkwy (449 ft)
- Keep left at the fork to continue toward Jim McGehee Pkwy and merge onto Jim McGehee Pkwy (0.7 mi)
- Continue on Plough Blvd (1.0 mi)
- Take the ramp onto I-240 E (11.4 mi)
- Take exit 12C to merge onto I-40 E (69.8 mi)
- Take exit 80B for US 45 N toward Humboldt (0.2 mi)
- Merge onto TN-186/US-45 (6.6 mi)
- 11. Turn right at Denton Fly Rd (1.5 mi)
- Turn left (0.9 mi)
- Turn right (1.3 mi)
- Slight left (0.4 mi)
There are over 1,100 Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, military families, civilian contractors, and retirees assigned to Milan Army Ammunition Plant.