Resources-Fort Leonard Wood Army Base

Army Star

Fort Leonard Wood Army Base

United States Army Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear School, United States Army Engineer School, United States Army Military Police School, United States Army Transportation Corps, 5th Engineer Battalion

Replacement Avenue, Building 486, Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473-8935


TRICARE Information and news
For a full list of community health centers, visit the Health Center Program at​​
Check the US News Health directory online at to find the best doctor for your family.

The American Dental Association provides a list of dentists near you on their website


To be enrolled in a Missouri school, a child must be at least 5 years old on or before August 1st of the school year. Check with the school for other requirements.
In 2010, the majority of states, the District of Columbia, and the Department of Defense Education Activity adopted Common Core State Standards that provide a consistent set of educational expectations for students, regardless of ZIP code. When a family moves, a student’s education is often disrupted because the student may be forced to repeat material or learn at a different level at the new school. With common standards across states, this disruption will be reduced — of particular interest to military families. For more information, visit

Waynesville School District

If your child is preparing to attend college, this information on scholarships may be helpful. 
Current service members can attend college in their off-duty time and have their military branch pay the tuition.
Use the Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE tool to help you make the best use of your tuition assistance dollars.
​If you were or are in the military, you may be eligible for Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits. If you are a spouse or dependent, you may be eligible too.
Online course options: edX – Founded by Harvard University and MIT, offers high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.  Whether you are interested in computer science, languages, engineering, psychology, writing, electronics, biology, or marketing.  Enroll today!


When moving to a new location, it is important to know who to call when you have an emergency or you need help. Below are some organizations you will find useful.


Child Care Aware:

Under the site’s “Child Care 101” tab you’ll find information related to locating quality child care, the types of child care available to you and how to evaluate the child care providers you visit.
There’s also a special section for the military child on the website covering topics such as military fee assistance, payments and provider services.


Military Children and Teens Resource Guide


Missouri Department of Social Services (573) 751-3221
The Department of Social Services is responsible for coordinating programs to provide public assistance to children and their parents, access to health care, child support enforcement assistance and to provide specialized assistance to troubled youth. While many programs give needed financial assistance and services, other units work toward reducing financial dependency of the citizens on government.


Human Resources Center (573) 751-4244
(HRC) guides the overall human resources management system for 7,355 budgeted employees within the department. The center is responsible for ensuring compliance with merit system rules and coordinating activities in the areas of personnel law, labor relations, recruitment, selection, classification, compensation and training. HRC is also responsible for union negotiations, resolution administration, administering the employee grievance system, all aspects of equal employment opportunities, and provision of equal services and benefits to all DSS clients.


Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (573) 751-6400


Missouri Humane Society (314) 647-8800


Missouri State Police (573) 751-3313