Fort Leonard Wood Army Base
United States Army Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear School, United States Army Engineer School, United States Army Military Police School, United States Army Transportation Corps, 5th Engineer Battalion
Replacement Avenue, Building 486, Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473-8935
Fort Leonard Wood is a U.S. Army training installation located in the Ozark Mountains in Pulaski County and spans across 61,000 acres. Fort Leonard Wood is home of the U.S. Army Maneuver Support Center, where all chemical, engineer and military police soldiers, plus many marines, airmen, sailors, coast guardsmen and international students from allied nations receive training. The post is also the home of the 3rd Chemical Brigade, where thousands of new recruits receive their basic training every year.
The fort is in Pulaski County, which has a population of 53,221. Bordering the installation to the north are the towns of Waynesville and St. Robert. The post is 2 miles south of Interstate 44. St. Louis is a two-hour drive to the east along Interstate 44 and Springfield, Missouri, is a little more than an hour’s drive to the west.
Arriving at Fort Leonard Wood
The closest airport is Lambert International Airport located 149.6 miles from base.
An on-post shuttle service, available to military in uniform, during duty hours, is provided.
If driving, the most direct route is by Interstate 44, which runs from St. Louis to Oklahoma City. About halfway between the cities of Lebanon and Rolla are the St. Robert, Waynesville and Fort Leonard Wood exits, with signs marking the route to the post. Take exit 161 for the easiest route to Fort Leonard Wood.
Greyhound Bus Lines only provides runs from the Lambert International Airport in St. Louis to 718 Missouri Avenue, St. Robert (just outside the main gate to Fort Leonard Wood) for reservations only.
- Active Army personnel report to Central In/Out Processing Office, Building 470, Room 2102, during duty hours, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.. During non-duty hours, single soldiers report to Charge of Quarters in 1st Brigade, Building 844, Phone: 573-596-0225. Soldiers arriving with family members should report to Post Lodging Office in Building 470.
- Marine Corps personnel report to Building 842 during both duty hours and non-duty hours.
- Navy personnel report to Building 838 during both duty hours and non duty-hours.
- Air force personnel report to Building 1703A between 7:30 am until 4:30 pm. After duty hours, Non-Prior Service Students report to CQ, Building 1729, and TDY personnel report to Post Lodging, Building 470.
- AIT students inprocess at Building 470, Room 2102 during duty hours.
- Basic Trainees report to the Reception Station at Grant Hall, Building 2100.
The Lodging Office is located in Bldg 470 and is open 24 hours a day. Reservations can be made in advance by calling 573-596-0999 or toll free 1-800-677-8356.
There are 96,148 Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, DOD civilians, military family members, and retirees assigned to Fort Leonard.