New Cumberland Defense Depot
DLA Distribution Support
5400 G Avenue – Bldg 400, New Cumberland, PA 17070
New Cumberland Defense Depot is a United States Army military base located just south of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in Fairview Township, York County. It is adjacent to the Capital City Airport. The depot spans across 851 acres and is a combination of three smaller Department of Defense Logistics facilities: Administrative Support Center East (ASCE), Defense Distribution Region East (DDRE) Headquarters and Defense Distribution Depot Susquehanna Pennsylvania (DDSP).
The primary mission of the New Cumberland Army Depot is to be a military supply facility providing supplies directly from the manufacturer to units. The Depot provides military and commercial repair parts, textiles and clothing, medical supplies and electronic components to military units and customers worldwide.
Arriving at New Cumberland Defense Depot
The closest airport is Harrisburg International Airport located 12 miles from base.
Directions From Harrisburg International Airport:
- Head east on Terminal Dr and use the right 3 lanes to take the ramp to State Rte 3032
- Keep left to continue on State Rte 3032
- Use the left lane to merge onto PA-283 W toward Harrisburg/Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Take the exit toward I-76/Pennsylvania Turnpike and merge onto I-283 S
- Take the exit onto I-76 W toward Pittsburgh
- Take exit 242 to merge onto I-83 S
- Take exit 39A for PA-114/Lewisberry Rd
- Turn right onto PA-114 E/Lewisberry Rd
- Turn right onto Old York Rd
- Turn left onto Old Depot Rd
- Turn left onto Mission Dr
- At the traffic circle, continue straight
- Turn right onto M Ave
- Turn left onto J Ave
- Turn left onto 12th Ave
- Continue onto J Ave and destination is on the right
All Active Duty military personnel assigned to DLA Distribution should report to BLDG 130, Suite 1106, J Avenue, New Cumberland. The MILPO phone number is (717) 770-8817. All other military assigned to other units need to have a sponsor meet them. Make sure you have your unit’s phone number and your sponsor’s office and home number. Upon arrival at Gate 3, (Employees entrance) you will need proper military ID, PCS orders, vehicle registration and current car insurance. Individual reports directly to unit of assignment. Each military member will then go to their servicing military personnel office.
There are 5,632 Department of Defense employees and contractors, DLA military and dependents assigned to New Cumberland Defense Depot.