Resources – Fort Carson Army Base

Army Star

Fort Carson Army Base

4th Infantry Division, 10th Special Forces Group
6001 Wetzel Ave, Fort Carson, CO 80913


TRICARE Information and news
For a full list of community health centers, visit the Health Center Program at​​
Check the US News Health directory online at to find the best doctor for your family.

The American Dental Association provides a list of dentists near you on their website



To be enrolled in a Colorado school, a child must be at least 5 years old by September 1st. Check with the school for other requirements.


Colorado is unique because it is an Open Enrollment state. The Public Schools of Choice law (C.R.S. 22-36-101) allows resident pupils to enroll at schools in Colorado districts for which they are not zoned. Also referred to as Open Enrollment.


Your School Choices:


1. Attend the public school zoned for your neighborhood
2.Attend a public school out of your zone/district utilizing Open Enrollment
3.Attend a public charter school
5.Attend a private school

For more information about Fort Carson Army Base school resources, click here.


Foutntain Fort Carson School District 8
Harrison School District 2
Wide Field School District 3
Cheyenne Mountain School District 12
Colorado Springs School District 11
Academy School District 20
Falcon School District 49


If your child is preparing to attend college, this information on scholarships may be helpful. 



Current service members can attend college in their off-duty time and have their military branch pay the tuition.  Learn about the Military Tuition Assistance Program.  Use the Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE tool to help you make the best use of your tuition assistance dollars.


If you were or are in the military, you may be eligible for Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits.  If you are a spouse or dependent, you may be eligible too.  Online course options: edX – Founded by Harvard University and MIT, offers high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.  Whether you are interested in computer science, languages, engineering, psychology, writing, electronics, biology, or marketing.  Enroll today!


When moving to a new location, it is important to know who to call when you have an emergency or you need help. Below are some organizations you will find useful.


Child Care Aware:
Under the site’s “Child Care 101” tab you’ll find information related to locating quality child care, the types of child care available to you and how to evaluate the child care providers you visit.
There’s also a special section for the military child on the website covering topics such as military fee assistance, payments and provider services.


Military Children and Teens Resource Guide


Department of Human Services 719-636-0000

The El Paso County Department of Human Services (DHS) strives to protect the most vulnerable citizens while providing efficient access to the services provided by local, state and federal governments. They aim to keep families together and help them to become self-sufficient. They work closely with community organizations to stretch the safety net we provide even further.


El Paso County Child Protective Services   719-444-5700
Strives to create communities where children grow up safe from abuse, neglect and dependency, where adults are protected from domestic violence and where parents can be strengthened in their capacity to keep their family safe.


El Paso County Humane Society 719-473-1741
Handles pet adoptions, pet licensing, lost and found animals, and more.


El Paso County Public Health 719-578-3199


El Paso County Sheriff Office  719-520-7100