Blue Grass Army Depot
Blue Grass Chemical Activity
431 Battlefield Memorial Hwy, Richmond, KY 40475
Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) is a United States Army storage facility for conventional munitions and chemical weapons. The facility is located in east central Kentucky, southeast of the cities of Lexington and Richmond, Kentucky. BGAD spans across 14,494 acres and is composed mainly of open fields and wooded areas used for munitions storage, repair of general supplies, and the disposal of munitions.
BGAD’s prime mission is to receive, store, issue, maintain, renovate and demilitarize both conventional and non-standard ammunition for all DOD services. They support the Joint Warfighter by safely providing a full range of high quality Defense products and services. BGAD is also the Army’s sole source provider of non-standard ammunition for Special Operation Forces.
Directions from Louisville International Airport:
- Head southwest on Terminal Dr
- Take the ramp onto I-264 E
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 19A to merge onto I-64 E toward Lexington
- Keep right at the fork to continue on I-75 S
- Take exit 83 for Duncannon Lane toward US-25/Richmond/KY 2872
- Turn left onto Duncannon Ln
- Turn right onto US-25 S/US-421 S/Berea Rd
- Slight left onto US-421 S
- Blue Grass Army Depot is on the left
1,160 active duty, Guard, Reserve, civilian and DoD employees.