Fort A.P. Hill Army Base
310th Engineer Company
14136 Burke Road Fort A.P. Hill, Bowling Green, VA 22427
Fort A.P. Hill is a United States Army installation located near Bowling Green, Virginia, approximately 90 minutes south of Washington D.C. The installation spans across 76,000 acres including a 27,000 acre live fire complex, and it is one of the largest bases on the East Coast. Fort A.P. Hill is often recognized as the place “Where America’s Military Sharpens Its Combat Edge”. It is an all-purpose, year-round, military training center where military units can engage in training ranging from small unit operations to major maneuvers with combined arms and live-fire exercises. The state-of-the-art facilities are used for training both active and reserve troops of the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force, as well as other government agencies. These include the Departments of State and Interior; U.S. Customs Service; and federal, state and local security and law enforcement agencies.
Arriving at Fort A.P. Hill
The closest airport is Richmond International Airport located 50.4 miles from base.
Directions from Richmond International Airport
- Head south on Richmond International Airport Dr
- Continue onto Richard E Byrd Terminal Dr
- Keep left to stay on Richard E Byrd Terminal Dr
- Slight right onto S Airport Dr
- Use the right lane to merge onto I-295 N via the ramp to I-64 W/I-95 N/Charlottesville/Washington
- Merge onto I-295 N
- Use the left 2 lanes to take exit 43A for Interstate 95 N toward Washington
- Merge onto I-95 N
- Take exit 104 for VA-207 toward US 301/Carmel Church/Bowling Green
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Bowling Green/Fort AP Hill and merge onto VA-207 E
- Merge onto VA-207 E
- Continue onto State Rte 207 Bypass
- Continue onto US-301 N
- Turn left onto A P Hill Dr
- Turn left and Fort A.P. Hill is on the right
There are Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, military families, DoD personnel, civilians, and retirees assigned to Fort A.P. Hill.